I recently bought a apu6b4 board. I face difficulties connecting to the serial console in order to install OPNSense. The board has a microUSB serial port.
- I followed the instructions on https://pcengines.ch/howto.htm#serialconsole
- I use a micro USB / USB-A cable and I want to connect from my computer
- I download OPNsense-22.1.2-OpenSSL-serial-amd64.img.bz2 and flashed it to an USB drive
- I booted the apu6b4 with the USB drive inserted (a sound occured after ~30s)
- I cannot connect to the serial console
- I tried putty on Windows
- also no luck with `screen /dev/tty.. 115200` on Linux
Do I need to use a Null modem cable with micro USB such as https://www.globalsources.com/…ial-Cable-1182907426p.htm ?